Welcome to the Digital Product Basics community. This Code of Conduct provides guidelines to ensure that our community remains a respectful, inclusive, and safe environment for all its members. By participating in this community, members agree to abide by this code.
- Inclusivity: Our community values diversity and inclusivity. Discrimination, bigotry, or any form of hate speech will not be tolerated. Treat every member with respect, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other individual characteristic.
- Language: Use respectful and constructive language. Avoid personal attacks, trolling, or any form of harassment.
Content sharing guidelines
In our pursuit to maintain the integrity and quality of the Digital Product Basics community, we've established certain content-sharing guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with what is and isn't allowed:
- Offerings of products or services: We want to avoid overt sales pitches. Therefore, direct promotions or offerings of products and services are not allowed.
- Blog post promotion: Sharing links purely for the promotion of your own or others' blog posts is not permissible
- Social media boosts: Requests for "likes", "shares", or any other form of social media boosts are discouraged.
- Introducing yourself: When introducing yourself to the community, you're welcome to share a link to your professional work, business, blog, or any other related endeavor. This gives others a chance to understand your background and expertise. If members find your work relevant, they can choose to engage further on their own terms.
- Helpful products: If you're using a product that has genuinely benefitted you and is relevant to the community, feel free to share it. Please ensure that the intent is to share its utility and not to promote.
- Questions and feedback: If you're seeking input on a product or service you're involved with, you can share it directly to set the context for your query. However, this should be done sparingly and should not veer into self-promotion. We trust our members to use this privilege responsibly.
Adhering to these guidelines ensures that the content within our community remains relevant, valuable, and free from overt promotion. Let's collectively contribute in a way that enhances the community's overall experience.
- Constructive feedback: When providing feedback, be constructive and helpful. Avoid negative criticism that doesn’t serve a purpose.
- Open-mindedness: Respect different perspectives and approaches. Not everyone will have the same opinion or experience; learn from one another.
- Ask for help: If you don’t know something, it’s okay to ask. Encourage others when they seek assistance.
- Educate new members: If someone is new to the community or the field, offer guidance and support. Remember that everyone was a beginner once.
Safety and privacy
- Personal information: Do not share your own or others' personal information without consent. This includes real names, addresses, phone numbers, and any other sensitive information.
Reporting and addressing concerns
- Concerns and violations: If you come across content or behavior that seems to violate our Code of Conduct, or if you have any concerns related to the community, we urge you to report them. Your reports play a crucial role in ensuring the community remains safe and respectful.
- Contact information: To report any issues or concerns, please email us directly at email@example.com. Your report will be treated with utmost confidentiality and urgency.
- Documentation: When possible, provide any evidence or documentation of the incident (like screenshots or links), but always prioritize your safety and well-being.
- No retaliation: We strictly prohibit any form of retaliation against members who report concerns. If you feel you've faced retaliation, please report that as well.
By promptly reporting issues and cooperating with our moderators, you're helping to maintain the integrity and safety of the Digital Product Basics community. We thank you for your vigilance and trust in our process.
- Content: we reserve the right to remove content that violates this Code of Conduct.
- Membership: we reseve the right to remove you from the community. In most cases, a first offense will receive a warning. Any subsequent offenses will result in your removal.
We may update this code of conduct from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.